Championship Lumberjack Competition
Mountain State Forest Festival Lumberjack Contest
Free Admission General Public
Events to Include:
- Chain Saw
- Axe Throwing
- Two-Person Crosscut Sawing (Any Saw)
- Jack and Jill Crosscut Sawing
- Jill and Jill Crosscut Sawing
- Tree Felling Contest
- Wood Chopping Contest
The Lumberjack Contests will be held at the Coronation Platform on the campus of Davis & Elkins College on Saturday Morning (the Main weekend of Festival prior to Closing Ceremony Sunday).
Scheduled Date(s) & Time(s):
Estimated Schedule of Events
Saturday, October 3, 2015
- Registration and Drawing for Wood 7:00 AM
- Stage Hand Briefing 7:45 AM
- Competition Begins 8:00 AM
- Chain Saw 8:00 AM
- Axe Throwing Preliminary * 8:30-10:30 AM
- Two-Person Crosscut Sawing (Any Saw) 9:00 AM
- Jack and Jill Crosscut Sawing 9:30 AM
- Jill and Jill Crosscut Sawing 10:00 AM
- Axe Throwing Finals 10:30 AM
- Tree Felling Contest 11:00 AM
- Wood Chopping Contest 11:30 AM
- Lumberjack Contest Awards Ceremony 12:00 Noon
* Contestants may throw axes at target in tree felling area between 8:30 AM and 10:30
AM, at their convenience. The top six (6) finalists will throw for prizes just prior to the
tree felling contest.
Allegheny Wood Products, Inc.
Armstrong World Industries
Barger Forestry Services
Mon Power a FirstEnergy Company
Myles Lumber Company
Polino Contracting, Inc.
Tri-State Forest Products, LLC
US Forest Service
An entry fee of $10.00 per person per event must be submitted with your entry form.