78th Mountain State Forest Festival
Woodly the Elf
Alexis Nicole Ayers
WOODLY THE ELF CONTEST
The Mountain State Forest Festival and Citizens Bank of West Virginia announce the kick-off of the annual Woodly the Elf poster contest for the 78th autumn celebration. Citizens Bank of West Virginia is the sponsor of the festival’s official mascot. The contest, now in its 37th year, is held to select the student who will have the honor of serving as Woodly the Elf. The poster winner will become a member of the royal minor court of Queen Silvia LXXVIII; additionally the official mascot will make appearances at the Buckwheat Festival, Wood Chopping Festival and Strawberry Festival.
The Woodly the Elf contest is open to Randolph County students in 3rd, 4th or 5th grades – including home school, private or public schools. Four runner-ups will be chosen and invited to ride on the Woodly the Elf float in the Grand Feature Parade.
Entry forms are available at your local elementary school, the Mountain State Forest Festival office, and Citizens Bank in Elkins and Beverly; forms may also be downloaded at www.forestfestival.com/contact us/minor court competitions. Woodly the Elf’s costume and associated fees are paid by the sponsor, Citizens Bank of West Virginia.
Rules of the contest are as follows:
1. The poster should depict Woodly the Elf watching or participating in one or more Mountain State Forest Festival events.
2. The poster is to be on a 22 x 28 inch poster board.
3. Poster must be submitted by one individual; this is not a group project.
4. Be creative and imaginative. You may use glue, glitter, material, etc. in your design. You may not use photos or any indentifying text on the front of the poster.
5. Only one entry per student is permitted.
6. On the back of the poster, you must write and sign:
“I have completed this poster by myself.” Student Signature
Contest entries are due by March 28, 2014. No late entries are accepted. All poster entries will be on display during the 2014 Mountain State Forest Festival.
For more information, you may contact the Forest Festival office at 304.636.1824 or e-mail email@example.com. The 78th Mountain State Forest Festival is scheduled for September 27 - October 5, 2014.
Download printable registration form by clicking the link below. (The completed form should returned to your teacher or delivered to the Festival office at 101 Lough St. in Elkins by March 28, 2014.)
|Woodly the Elf|