The Mountain State Forest Festival and Citizens Bank of West Virginia announce the kick-off of the annual Woodly the Elf poster contest for the 82nd autumn celebration. Citizens Bank of West Virginia is the sponsor of the festival’s official mascot.
The contest, now in its 41st year, is held to select the student who will have the honor of serving as Woodly the Elf. The poster winner will become a member of the Royal Minor Court of Queen Silvia LXXXII; additionally, the official mascot will make appearances at the Buckwheat Festival and Strawberry Festival.
The Woodly the Elf contest is open to Randolph County students in second, third or fourth grades – including home school, private or public schools. Four runner-ups will be chosen and invited to ride on the Woodly the Elf float in the Grand Feature Parade.
Entry forms are available at local elementary schools, the Mountain State Forest Festival office and Citizens Bank in Elkins and Beverly; forms may also be downloaded here or you can visit the Facebook page for the Mountain State Forest Festival or Citizens Bank of West Virginia. Woodly the Elf’s costume and associated fees are paid for by the sponsor, Citizens Bank of West Virginia.
Rules of the contest are as follows:
1. The poster should depict Woodly the Elf watching or participating in one or more Mountain State Forest Festival events. The theme of the 2018 festival is: “The Majestic Roads Lead To Royalty”
2. The poster is to be on a 22-inch by 28-inch poster board.
3. Poster must be submitted by one individual; this is not a group project.
4. Be creative and imaginative. You may use glue, glitter, material, etc. in your design. You may not use photos or any identifying text on the front of the poster.
5. Only one entry per student is permitted.
6. On the back of the poster, you must write and sign: “I have completed this poster by myself.” Students signature.
Contest entries are due by March 23, 2018. No late entries are accepted.
In closing, the 82nd edition of the Mountain State Forest Festival will take place Saturday, September 29, 2018 – Sunday, October 7, 2018. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.